Monday 27 February 2012

Soca Weekend #1 :D *Opening Night*

Aite so i been toying with this idea of doing a blog about the beauty that is Bacchanal Season in Jamaica.....here goes ntn! :)

My soca season started on February 11, 2012 @ Islandmas Jamaica's Soca Village!:D (THAT is a blog in itself! ^.^)

This past weekend ( Feb 24-26) was Bacchanal Jamaica's Opening Night, Soca Village and Socabrook were in my scope. Let's start with Opening Night....

VERY disappointing! I have been waiting on this night since closing night last year and God know i was not very pleased at the end of the night. Yes i got there a lil late (around 12) but i still expected to get atleast a good 2 hours worth of 'feteing' on. Boy was i wrong..

VIP was foolishness really. The crowd at the bar was like 5 times more than the bar staff could handle, the food line was moving at a good speed but who has time to eat when they go to a soca party? Anyways after i got that first drink i wasn't planning to go back.

Anyways unto the reason why im so disappointed....the DJ's

Lord Jesus! Back 2 Basics from Trinidad(!!!!!!!!!!)and Bambino...... -____________________-

2012 has sooooooooo many GREAT songs whyyyyyy unu nvr play dem? a Machel alone unu kno?? Jus cuz him win Soca Monarch?! Jah knooo... The mixing wasnt even all that good. The random playing of songs from 1948 needs to stop. I expected the guy from Trinidad to mash up the place but he was just so so and was still btr than Bambino

Being a true socaphile I enjoyed the music and the vibes was good but i would have preferred not to be jumping thru the decades..

My other issue was those guys of the opposite sex who are in relationships with those of the same sex..... I have no problem with gays, I have a good amount of gay friends HOWEVER my fren dem nuh so extra! why dem haffi behave so i doh kno star! if i saw one more toe touch on Friday idk wht i wudda do! Security need to do sumn about their behaviour, it's just wrong.

 Bacchanal Jamaica officials need to take a few pages out of Islandmas Jamaica's books cuz Soca Village is just pure niceness ^.^

 POINT OF INFO! Kes will be at Bacchanal Friday's THIS week!! It's JUST Week 2 tho! :O I cant wait to see what Week 3 has to offer

2 comments:

  1. Girl I'm definitely subscribing to this blog. Its a pity Bachannal is still making certain mistakes as market leaders smh. I'm also glad you as a female pointed out the nuffness of some ppl cuz it really can ruin a party mood and Bachannal now has that reputation. I hope they improve. I want to get super excited and attend one night but so far they haven't grabbed me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaawww my first subscriber! :$ Thank youuu!! Baccahanal needs to realise that they're no longer the only option in Ja for soca this time a yr and step up to the plate

      Delete