Sunday 20 January 2013

"this blogging thing...."

I would first like to say thanks to everybody who voted for me in the #JaBlogAwards I'm really humbled by the support, I didn't win but it was an honour being nominated :)

I started this blog for the people who always asked me every soca related question possible to have easy access to information and to ease the stress on myself repeating this information 10 million times. Somebody on my Twitter timeline suggested I start a blog one day after I was ranting about a fete and...here I am today. It's rwally just something to do and knowing that people actually read my blog and look forward to my posts means a lot to me cause honestly it's just me chatting...

Not so, for others though... Last night at the Jamaica Blog Awards I realised how seriously bloggers take "this blogging thing" and I was just here having fun lol. Call me clueless but I had no idea bloggers cherished their blog as their own child and used blogging as a means of income. I'm not saying I don't take my blog seriously because I do, it was just mostly recreation for me.

I'd LOVE to find out how I could gain an income from attending fetes and giving tips and tricks for the soca season and carnival on a whole. If you have an idea lemme know ;)

Congrats to all the winners last night, it was a fun experience meeting other bloggers and seeing the passion in Jamaica for blogging. This was the third instalment of the Blog Awards and much is still needed to be done to improve the awards process and ceremony itself. This was my first time attending so I have nothing really to compare it to but from pictures of the last hosting I at least expected a stage, lighting and more than 20 chairs to be at the new venue. After the difficult process of securing tickets for the ceremony I just walked into the venue to stand for the entire ceremony? Really? I was sorry for all the ladies in their towering heels :(

It was a pleasant surprise to be nominated for a blog award in Jamaica with a 100% soca blog. It was a pleasant surprise with less than a year under my blogging belt :$. Thanks again for the nomination and the votes I'll be here with as much fete reviews and even more tips and tricks this year.

Soca Calendar 2013 coming up soon! There's A LOT this year *wipes sweat* If you want your event listed message me on Facebook Reeny Bacchanal or tweet me @ReenyStar need to make sure I have em all :)

26 DAYS TO OPENING NIGHT! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment